Effective Date: March 30, 2016
How we collect and use information
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide. When you sign up for some of our products, we may collect personal information about your organization. When you submit your customers information to our service, it is anonymized so that Brilliant stores no personally identifiable information about your customers. We may combine the information you or your customers submit under your account with information from other Brilliant services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you or your customers the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Device ID. In mobile applications, Brilliant may access a unique ID for your customers’ device that is permitted by their mobile platform (a.k.a “IDFA” for iOS and “advertising ID” for Android).
- Unique Customer ID. In mobile applications, Brilliant may also request your app’s unique customer ID to ensure unique identity of that customer and maintain a high level of data integrity of our product.
- Log information. When you access Brilliant services via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications. When you send email or other communications to Brilliant, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
- Location data. Brilliant offers location-enabled services, sometimes part of another application or game. If you use those services, Brilliant may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
- Unique application number. Certain services include a unique application number that is not associated with your account or you. This number and information about your installation (e.g., operating system type, version number) may be sent to Brilliant when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers (for example, to request automatic updates to the software).
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services; and
- Protect the rights or property of Brilliant or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
How we share personal information
Brilliant may share your personal information with other entities who work on our behalf or with us. These entities may use personal information to help fulfill requests in connection with the Services and to help us communicate with you about different resources offered as part of the Services. Also, our parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies, or entities to which any of our assets, products, sites or operations may be transferred, will be able to use your personal information. We may also release your personal information, or any of your anonymized customer information to third parties if we believe such release is necessary (i) to comply with the law (e.g., a legal process or a statutory authorization), (ii) to apply or enforce our user agreements, (iii) to protect our rights or property, (iv) as part of a corporate reorganization, consolidation, merger, or sale of substantially all of the assets of Brilliant, or (v) if we reasonably believe that a danger to any person requires disclosure of such personal information.
Links to other sites
Please note that, while using the Services, you could be directed to other sites that are developed and administered by people or companies not affiliated with or controlled by Brilliant. These other sites may place their own cookies on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information.
How we protect your personal information
Brilliant Services will do everything in our power to protect your personal information and your customer’s anonymized data against unauthorized access and unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. However, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will be absolutely protected. For example, your personal information may be affected by actions outside of our control, such as computer "hacking" and physical theft. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
Brilliant understands that children's privacy is important. Brilliant Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years old, and we do not intend to collect any personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13 years old, do not submit any personal information to Brilliant.
Last Updated: March 30, 2016